Scientific Advisory Council
The Scientific Advisory Council is a committee of the NSV Board.
- To focus the SAC to that of a strategic and operational interaction between Members, geared towards development of Melbourne as a global centre for neuroscience.
- To identify and fast track major new initiatives and maintain strong communication with government, industry and philanthropy where appropriate
- To provide a forum for senior management across the Melbourne neuroscience cluster to identify and manage priorities and strategies for the Victorian neuroscience community.
- Maintain an awareness of issues relevant to neuroscience across the sector, locally, interstate and internationally
- Identify and coordinate new program development where there is a major technology gap in Victoria; identify and head hunt world class staffing for these initiatives
- Support important capability areas where there is significant resource which is poorly coordinated or fragmented
- Form working groups as required of Members or non-Members to facilitate liaison and development of new initiatives
- Prof Graeme Jackson (Chair), The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health
- Dr Joe Ciorciari, Swinburne University of Technology
- Prof Steve Davis AM, Melbourne Health
- Prof Geoff Donnan AO, The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health
- Prof Paul Fitzgerald, Monash Alfred Psychiatry Research Centre
- Prof Trevor Kilpatrick, The University of Melbourne
- Dr Andrew Milner, Neurosciences Victoria
- Prof Chris Rowe, Austin Health
- Prof Rob Shepherd, The Bionics Institute
- Prof Ian Smith, Monash University